CM Fadnavis said that if anyone in the Shiv Sena has the right to speak anything, it is only Uddhav Thackeray. (File photo)
At the age of 47, Devendra Fadnavis got the distinction of becoming the Chief Minister of Maharashtra (maharashtra). Devendra Fadnavis will contest from Nagpur South-West Assembly seat.
1. Second youngest chief minister of maharashtra
Devendra Fadnavis is the second such leader after NCP Chief Sharad Pawar who became the Chief Minister of Maharashtra at the age of just 44 years. Sharad Pawar managed to become the Chief Minister of Maharashtra at the age of 38.
2. Second youngest Mayor of the countryDevendra Fadnavis became the second youngest mayor in India. At the age of 27, he became the youngest mayor in Nagpur while at the age of 21 he became a corporator.
3. Political mentor of Gadkari, father of Devendra Fadnavis
Devendra Fadnavis’ father Gangadhar Rao Fadnavis was an MLC and also the political mentor of veteran BJP leader Nitin Gadkari. Devendra Fadnavis was 17 when his father Gangadhar Rao died at the age of 71.
4. Refused to study in local Indira convent school due to emergency
Devendra Fadnavis’ father Gangadhar Rao Fadnavis was sent to jail during the Emergency. The then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was the woman who implemented the Emergency in the country. Angered by Indira’s decision, Devendra Fadnavis refused to study at the local Indira convent school and preferred to study at the Saraswati school run by the RSS.
5. Best Parliamentarian Award and Nagabhushan Award
In the year 2002-2003, he was awarded the Best Parliamentarian Association by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. While in the year 2016, he was awarded the Nagabhushan Award for outstanding work in Vidarbha.
6. Devendra Fadnavis is rich in talent
At the behest of a childhood friend, he did modeling work in Nagpur, which was a big hit. Later Devendra Fadnavis studied law but did not show interest in practicing. Later, he studied business management and project management from the German Foundation for International Development and submitted papers on disaster management and energy security in China and Switzerland.
7. Devendra has written 3 books in Marathi language
The intellectual ability of Devendra Fadnavis can be gauged from the fact that he has written three books in Marathi language, one of which is ‘How to understand and read the Budget’.
8. Small Family and Happy Family
Devendra Fadnavis’ wife Amaruta Fadnavis is a manager in the bank. But as a skilled housewife and wife, she was always instrumental in advancing the political career of Devendra Fadnavis. Devendra Fadnavis has a five-year-old little girl named Divija.