सायना नेहवाल नहीं उठाना चाहती जोखिम

Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are in awe of Corona, name withdrawn from tournament

Saina Nehwal does not want to risk

Denmark Open is the only world tour event to be held in this session. The BWF has canceled all other tournaments.

new Delhi. Indian badminton player Saina Nehwal and her husband Parupalli Kashyap decided to withdraw from the Denmark Open Super 750 (Denmark Open) tournament on Tuesday. The tournament will be played from 13 October in Odense, which will resume the international calendar following the blockage caused by the Kovid-19 epidemic. The BWAFF World Tour was halted after the All England Championship in March.

London Olympics bronze medalist Saina told PTI, ‘I have withdrawn from Denmark Open. I have decided to start the session with the Asian Tour in January. Saina and Kashyap had sent their entries to participate in the tournament with a prize money of seven and a half million dollars (about five and a half million rupees) and also sent their consent letter to the Badminton Association of India (BAI) last month.

Denmark Open is the last tournament of this season
The World Badminton Association (BWF) had earlier postponed three Asia competitions (in November) to 2021 in addition to the Thomas and Uber Cup finals (October 3 to 11). It also canceled the Danish Masters (20–25 October). The Denmark Open is the only World Tour event to be held for the rest of the season. When asked about the fitness pyre, Saina, who won the Commonwealth Games twice, said, “ Injury is not an issue but if there were three tournaments, then go there Would have meant I made up my mind to return from the Asian Tour in January. With the removal of the former number one player in the world rankings, there will be no Indian participation in women’s singles in Odense as world champion PV Sindhu has already withdrawn her name.

Kashyap withdrew due to risk
Kashyap, ranked 24 in the world rankings, also decided to withdraw from the tournament for similar reasons. The player, who reached the quarter-finals at the London Olympics, said, ‘I also feel that going there for a tournament is not worth the risk. It will be better to start the session with the Asian Tour from January. Former world number one Kidambi Srikanth, Yuva Lakshya Sen, Ajay Jayaram and Shubhankar Dey will present the Indian challenge at the Denmark Open.

Author: Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *